why interface written by gtk+ so ugly

weidong
gtk+ is fast and stable, but is too ugly.That's why almost no company use it.

Re: why interface written by gtk+ so ugly

Andrea Giammarchi
so ugly, that I've been happily using GNOME on ArchLinux since 2014 and even Ubuntu came back to it:

To me GNOME is the best looking Desktop out there and it inspired many other OSs in a way or another.

The only think I believe is ugly abotu GNOME is that it does not ship with the Dark theme by default and you need Tweak to have it.

Otherwise is awesome, and with it every GUI I use daily (OK, OK, some gui does not scale on HiDPi but I'm sure at some point they will)

Regards

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:57 AM, weidong <[hidden email]> wrote:
gtk+ is fast and stable, but is too ugly.That's why almost no company use it.

Re: why interface written by gtk+ so ugly

Andres Fernandez

El 22 oct. 2017 2:04 p. m., "weidong" <[hidden email]> escribió:
gtk+ is fast and stable, but is too ugly.That's why almost no company use it.

It seems like you are not doing things properly. Maybe you can read Human Interface Guidelines [1], to do your designs nicer.

Anyway, you should try to be more respectful and nice, there are a lot of people that work on GTK and even if you don't like their work you should respect them. There are always a nice way to express yourself.

Best regards,

Andrés Fernández
Software Peronista

Re: why interface written by gtk+ so ugly

Carsten Mattner
I'm going to bite.

Can you post a screenshot of what looks ugly?

It's very likely there is a simple explanation that could make it look
much more appealing.

I have many complaints regarding GTK+ 3.2x.xx, but ugly is not one of
them, they're
only technical limitations and regressions vs 2.x.