parsing rc-files

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

parsing rc-files

dysmas
Hello,

I dowloaded the last version of php-gtk2 (2.0.1) and hoped annoying bugs were fixed, but they are not.

1) Parsing of rc file is bad. In the first version of php-gtk2 it worked. Now you can change some colors but not all : you can change the text color (sometime) but background color don't work. This is unfortunate, because rc files were a very convenient way to change colors (you could do themes in a breeze like that !)

Example : I have used this model for buttons :

style "button"
{
  # This shows all the possible states for a button.  The only one that
  # doesn't apply is the SELECTED state.
 
  fg[PRELIGHT] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
  bg[PRELIGHT] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
  bg[ACTIVE] = { 1.0, 0, 0 }
  fg[ACTIVE] = { 0, 1.0, 0 }
  bg[NORMAL] = { 1.0, 1.0, 0 }
  fg[NORMAL] = { .99, 1.0, .99 }  # the value defined here is used for the triangle of the combobox !!!!!
  bg[INSENSITIVE] = { 0.8, 0.7, 0.7 }
  fg[INSENSITIVE] = { 1.0, 0, 1.0 }
}

But only the color of the text changes. The fackground is always the default. In the alpha version of php-gtk2 it was working OK.


Or is there something I am not doing well ?

Thanks

Dysmas
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: parsing rc-files

Madeleine D.-2

dysmas -

We are using an rc file to set our button colors on 2.0.1 w/o any problem.

You might want to check the rc file that comes with the install
(.../etc/gtk-2.0).  In my experience this is the source of a lot of
grief.  Try removing the wimp engine call first and see if that helps.

Madeleine D.


dysmas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I dowloaded the last version of php-gtk2 (2.0.1) and hoped annoying bugs
> were fixed, but they are not.
>
> 1) Parsing of rc file is bad. In the first version of php-gtk2 it worked.
> Now you can change some colors but not all : you can change the text color
> (sometime) but background color don't work. This is unfortunate, because rc
> files were a very convenient way to change colors (you could do themes in a
> breeze like that !)
>
> Example : I have used this model for buttons :
>
> style "button"
> {
>   # This shows all the possible states for a button.  The only one that
>   # doesn't apply is the SELECTED state.
>  
>   fg[PRELIGHT] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
>   bg[PRELIGHT] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
>   bg[ACTIVE] = { 1.0, 0, 0 }
>   fg[ACTIVE] = { 0, 1.0, 0 }
>   bg[NORMAL] = { 1.0, 1.0, 0 }
>   fg[NORMAL] = { .99, 1.0, .99 }  # the value defined here is used for the
> triangle of the combobox !!!!!
>   bg[INSENSITIVE] = { 0.8, 0.7, 0.7 }
>   fg[INSENSITIVE] = { 1.0, 0, 1.0 }
> }
>
> But only the color of the text changes. The fackground is always the
> default. In the alpha version of php-gtk2 it was working OK.
>
>
> Or is there something I am not doing well ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Dysmas
>
>  

--
PHP-GTK General Mailing List (http://gtk.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: parsing rc-files

dysmas
Madeleine D.-2 wrote
dysmas -

We are using an rc file to set our button colors on 2.0.1 w/o any problem.

You might want to check the rc file that comes with the install
(.../etc/gtk-2.0).  In my experience this is the source of a lot of
grief.  Try removing the wimp engine call first and see if that helps.
Thousand thanks, Madeleine, this was the trick. I would never have been able to imagine that.
Now everything is working fine. I had spent hours to find what was wrong, and it was just this wimp engine.
If another user have the same trouble, the detailed solution is :
Open the file : php-gtk2\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc
on line 45-47 you find :

engine "wimp"
{
}

Comment the three lines :
# engine "wimp"
# {
# }

Or delete them.

Now colours are working properly.

Thanks again Madeleine.

Dysmas
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: parsing rc-files

Madeleine D.-2

dysmas -

No problem.  Happy to help.  And it's kksou that really deserves the
credit; we got it from him.

I not only lost hours trying to solve button colors on the rc file
before I came across his solution, but I also ran into a similar problem
on fonts. So finally, I removed the install gtkrc file altogether and we
run with just our own settings.

I really think this issue should be in the install directions, so others
don't get messed up.

Madeleine D.



dysmas wrote:

>
> Madeleine D.-2 wrote:
>  
>> dysmas -
>>
>> We are using an rc file to set our button colors on 2.0.1 w/o any problem.
>>
>> You might want to check the rc file that comes with the install
>> (.../etc/gtk-2.0).  In my experience this is the source of a lot of
>> grief.  Try removing the wimp engine call first and see if that helps.
>>
>>
>>    
>
> Thousand thanks, Madeleine, this was the trick. I would never have been able
> to imagine that.
> Now everything is working fine. I had spent hours to find what was wrong,
> and it was just this wimp engine.
> If another user have the same trouble, the detailed solution is :
> Open the file : php-gtk2\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc
> on line 45 you find : engine "wimp"
> Comment it : # engine "wimp"
> Or delete it.
>
> Now colours are working properly.
>
> Thanks again Madeleine.
>
> Dysmas
>