libgdamm in debian

Pavlo Solntsev-2
Murray,

It looks like you were a maintainer of libgdamm package in debian. This package in not a part of debian anymore. Could you please clarify why packed was removed from debian? Thanks.

-Pavlo Solntsev

Re: libgdamm in debian

Murray Cumming-5
On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 11:50 -0500, Pavlo Solntsev wrote:
> Murray,
>
> It looks like you were a maintainer of libgdamm package in debian.
> This package in not a part of debian anymore. Could you please
> clarify why packed was removed from debian? Thanks.

Sorry, no. I have no idea. You might ask the debian package maintainer.

However, it doesn't sound quite right. I guess that Glom is still
packaged in debian, and Glom uses libgdamm.

--
Murray Cumming
[hidden email]

Re: libgdamm in debian

Pavlo Solntsev-2
Dear Murray.

Thank you for the clarification. I wasn't able to find glom in debian repo, but it is available in the ubuntu repo as well as libgdamm. BTW, do you still support Glom?
Thanks.

-Pavlo Solntsev

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 11:54 AM, Murray Cumming <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 11:50 -0500, Pavlo Solntsev wrote:
> Murray,
>
> It looks like you were a maintainer of libgdamm package in debian.
> This package in not a part of debian anymore. Could you please
> clarify why packed was removed from debian? Thanks.

Sorry, no. I have no idea. You might ask the debian package maintainer.

However, it doesn't sound quite right. I guess that Glom is still
packaged in debian, and Glom uses libgdamm.

--
Murray Cumming
[hidden email]
www.murrayc.com

Re: libgdamm in debian

Daniel Boles
I can't add much to this, except my sincere wish that Glom were packaged in Debian. ;) It looks fantastic, but every time I try to build it myself, I run out of steam about 1/3rd of the way in due to how many dependencies it requires. (I suppose now that Ubuntu is going full GNOME, I guess I might be more inclined to give it a try some day.) I also with it seemed more feasible to build on Windows/MSYS2, which IIRC looked even tougher.

So I would love to see if anyone here has any luck packaging it - and would certainly like to help test anything you might need. I use unstable, fwiw.

Re: libgdamm in debian

Murray Cumming-5

Murray

On Fri, 2017-04-14 at 12:25 -0500, Pavlo Solntsev wrote:
> Dear Murray.
>
> Thank you for the clarification. I wasn't able to find glom in
> debian repo, but it is available in the ubuntu repo as well as
> libgdamm.

OK. Maybe Glom is just in Ubuntu and not in Debian. However, this
suggests that the Ubuntu libgdamm package would be a good start for a
debian package.

> BTW, do you still support Glom?

I "support" Glom as much as I ever did - which is not very much.

--
Murray Cumming
[hidden email]