libgdamm development

Gtkmm mailing list
Hi,
I am trying to compile libgdamm using jhbuild. Everything was compiled
successfully but not libgdamm.  It looks like it needs very "fresh"
version of glibmm:

return Glib::make_refptr_for_instance<Gnome::Gda::Batch>(
dynamic_cast<Gnome::Gda::Batch*> (Glib::wrap_auto ((GObject*)(object),
take_copy)) );

Could you please share your experience with libgdamm compilation? I was
thinking to port some new work in libgda but it is really frustrating
if I can't even compile it. Is it really necessary to pull recent glimmand gtkmm-4?

Thanks.

--
 <[hidden email]>

Re: libgdamm development

Gtkmm mailing list

I have not worked with libgdamm, but when looking at some files in the GitLab repository, I can see that they are out of date and/or inconsistent.

jhbuild's gnome-world.modules file says that libgdamm's master branch depends on gtkmm-3 (and thus indirectly on glibmm-2.4). This does not fit with configure.ac, which says that libgdamm-6.0 depends on glibmm-2.56. That's an obsolete name of the new ABI, which is now called glibmm-2.58, and which is compatible with gtkmm-4.

It looks like the libgdamm-5-0 branch is the one to use in combination with glibmm-2.4 and gtkmm-3.

I suppose that if you want to work with the libgdamm's master branch, you have to use the latest versions, i.e. the master branches, also from gtkmm and the modules it depends on. But that's not what 'jhbuild build libgdamm' will give you.

/Kjell

Re: libgdamm development

Gtkmm mailing list
Thanks, for clarification. I may play with local modulsets.