incompetent heretic GTK+ maintainers !

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

incompetent heretic GTK+ maintainers !

Bruggemann Eddie
Hi to all the Gtk team,

I wonder why you say that we can handle the native File chooser on Windows,

because the only action which works outside from the MSYS2 environment,

is the /|GtkFileChooserAction = |//|GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_OPEN ?|/

/|---|/

/|The others actions doesn't work if you want to distribute a program
for native Windows.|/

/||//|/||/|//|/|So why lying to the developer putting the
|/|//|/||//|/|/||/|//|/|GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE into the Gtk-doc,
|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|by the way Gtk-doc is the best documentation generator.|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|---|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|Breaking the API by every minor change is worse, bad and ugly
for 3rth part programmers.
|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|---|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|I have choose Gtk as G.U.I because I had since the beginning
into Ubuntu 10.04 a gnome desktop environment
|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|and because at the beginning I used python-gtk as G.U.I.|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|I can only make remark you it and say you that I think to switch
to Qt because of Gtk incompetent maintainers.|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|---|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|I'm sorry to hurt you but you need a kick in the ass, read the
GNU maunuals to not do heretics things.|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|Retro-compatibility must be fully and Lying to the user is the
last thing I would do.|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|If my program had a bug I would say it into the documentation !
|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|---
|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|In true we trust.|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|Thanks for given us a powerful G.U.I library for GNU/Linux and
UNIX but don't hush up his weakness because nobody is perfect.|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|Best regards,|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|mrcyberfighter.
|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|
|/|/|/|/

/|/|/|/|
|/|/|/|/


/||/

/|/||//|
|/|/

/||/

/||/

/|
|/




_______________________________________________
gtk-app-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-app-devel-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: incompetent heretic GTK+ maintainers !

Andy Tai
You should come forward and do this yourself.  You have no excuse not to


On Oct 10, 2017 9:00 AM, "Bruggemann Eddie" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi to all the Gtk team,
>
> I wonder why you say that we can handle the native File chooser on Windows,
>
> because the only action which works outside from the MSYS2 environment,
>
> is the /|GtkFileChooserAction = |//|GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_OPEN ?|/
>
> /|---|/
>
> /|The others actions doesn't work if you want to distribute a program for
> native Windows.|/
>
> /||//|/||/|//|/|So why lying to the developer putting the
> |/|//|/||//|/|/||/|//|/|GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE into the Gtk-doc,
> |/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|by the way Gtk-doc is the best documentation generator.|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|---|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|Breaking the API by every minor change is worse, bad and ugly for
> 3rth part programmers.
> |/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|---|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|I have choose Gtk as G.U.I because I had since the beginning into
> Ubuntu 10.04 a gnome desktop environment
> |/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|and because at the beginning I used python-gtk as G.U.I.|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|I can only make remark you it and say you that I think to switch
> to Qt because of Gtk incompetent maintainers.|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|---|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|I'm sorry to hurt you but you need a kick in the ass, read the GNU
> maunuals to not do heretics things.|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|Retro-compatibility must be fully and Lying to the user is the
> last thing I would do.|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|If my program had a bug I would say it into the documentation !
> |/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|---
> |/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|In true we trust.|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|Thanks for given us a powerful G.U.I library for GNU/Linux and
> UNIX but don't hush up his weakness because nobody is perfect.|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|Best regards,|/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|mrcyberfighter.
> |/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|
> |/|/|/|/
>
> /|/|/|/|
> |/|/|/|/
>
>
> /||/
>
> /|/||//|
> |/|/
>
> /||/
>
> /||/
>
> /|
> |/
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gtk-app-devel-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-app-devel-list
>
_______________________________________________
gtk-app-devel-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-app-devel-list