gtk_widget_class_set_accessible_type

Eric Williams
Hello,

I have a use case where I want to define a custom accessible type to be
used with native GTK widgets (not a custom widget). The end goal is to
be able to attach custom ATK interface implementations to a native GTK
widget.

For example: I have a GtkButton. I want to define the accessible type
for this button to be MY_ACCESSIBLE_TYPE. I see in the source code that
the accessible type for GtkButton is GTK_TYPE_BUTTON_ACCESSIBLE, which
is a subtype of GTK_TYPE_CONTAINER_ACCESSIBLE.

If I define MY_ACCESSIBLE_TYPE to be a subtype of GTK_TYPE_CONTAINER,
can I then call gtk_widget_class_set_accessible_type() on an instance of
a GtkButton?

If not, is there a way I can accomplish this without creating a custom
widget?

Thanks,
Eric