[gtk+osx] questions

Brendan Miller-2
has there been much interest within the project for supporting gtk 2?
would you be able to share a lot of the code, i.e. does the gdk
interface stay pretty static between gtk 1.x and 2.x?

Would it be accurate to say that porting gtk to osx only requires
reimplementing the gdk, or does the gtk sometimes access windows
system and os resources directly?

are there any special problems with porting to osx? I've noticed that
there are a number of gtk ports to win32, and that apps like gaim,
gimp, etc come bundled with it on the win32 port.

Would it be difficult to support the osx menu system? i.e.
automatically vary the osx menu depending on the formost gtk app?
Would it be difficult to get gtk apps to look like regular aqua apps?

thanks! it looks like you guys have a great project going. keep up the
good work.

Re: [gtk+osx] questions

David Burnett
Brendan Miller wrote:
> has there been much interest within the project for supporting gtk 2?
> would you be able to share a lot of the code, i.e. does the gdk
> interface stay pretty static between gtk 1.x and 2.x?

Not much interest at all really.

There is however an official GTK port in progress in GTK's cvs system
aiming for 2.10.

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gtk%2B/gdk/quartz/

The gtk development list is the place to discuss it