[gtk+osx] (no subject)

Matthew Kemp
Hi,

I hope someone can help out a real novice in compiling, C and GTK.

I am doing a project and I am trying to install a linux executable on
my os x machine. I have been given the source files and the makefile
and to the best of my knowledge, I have successfully installed the GTK
+OSX binary on my computer.

It's a fairly simple program, but when I try to compile(using make) I
get this following error:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_gtk_window_reposition
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I really don't have the foggiest where to start. I'd really
appreciate if anyone could lend any expertise here.

Best Wishes,

Matthew

Re: [gtk+osx] (no subject)

Ben Hansen
not sure if anyones still on this list its quiet for quite some time
now.

Ben Hansen
[hidden email]

On Nov 14, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Matthew Kemp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope someone can help out a real novice in compiling, C and GTK.
>
> I am doing a project and I am trying to install a linux executable on
> my os x machine. I have been given the source files and the makefile
> and to the best of my knowledge, I have successfully installed the GTK
> +OSX binary on my computer.
>
> It's a fairly simple program, but when I try to compile(using make) I
> get this following error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _gtk_window_reposition
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I really don't have the foggiest where to start. I'd really
> appreciate if anyone could lend any expertise here.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Matthew

> Find it Now.
> Check out Slashdot's new job board. Browse through tons of
> technical jobs
> posted by companies looking to hire people just like you.
> http://jobs.slashdot.org/

Re: [gtk+osx] (no subject)

Bugzilla from ku.b@gmx.de
Matthew,

some general thoughts: gtk-osx is for the gtk+-1.2.x API. Code written for
the gtk 2.x API's will mostly not compile. There are too many differences.

For gtk+-1.2.x ...
Did you use the gtk-osx gtk-config script as described somewhere in the
distribution? Then I would check if the gtk_window_reposition symbol is in
the GTK Framework. In my version (modified 0.7) it is not. I found only
gtk_window_position_values, gtk_window_set_position...
Probably your funktion is not implemented. So eighter implement yourself
and post, or change your code.

Hope this helpes.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management
                                + imaging / panoramas
                                + email: [hidden email]
                                + http://www.behrmann.name

Am 14.11.06, 16:47 -0000 schrieb Matthew Kemp:

> Hi,
>
> I hope someone can help out a real novice in compiling, C and GTK.
>
> I am doing a project and I am trying to install a linux executable on
> my os x machine. I have been given the source files and the makefile
> and to the best of my knowledge, I have successfully installed the GTK
> +OSX binary on my computer.
>
> It's a fairly simple program, but when I try to compile(using make) I
> get this following error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _gtk_window_reposition
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> I really don't have the foggiest where to start. I'd really
> appreciate if anyone could lend any expertise here.
>
> Best Wishes,
>
> Matthew

Re: [gtk+osx] (no subject)

Matthew Kemp
Hi,

Thanks for your advice (Kai-Uwe), I commented out the code regarding window reposition and it compiled.

However, it shows next to no signs of functionality once it loads up. When I run the executable, I get the following feedback in the terminal:

** WARNING **: gdk_drag_init: not implemented

gtk_init
GTKMacSetup()

** WARNING **: gdk_font_load: CALLED with -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*
Found font: helvetica, 12 pt (id: 21)

** WARNING **: gdk_fontset_load: Not implemented

** WARNING **: gdk_fontset_load: Not implemented

** WARNING **: gdk_window_set_cursor: not implemented! (only warned once)
detail: button
detail: button

** WARNING **: gdk_cursor_new: not implemented!
#
detail: button
detail: button
detail: button
detail: button
detail: button
detail: button

Does this mean that there are more functions in the source code that have not been fully implemented in GTK+OSX yet? Really basic things like the quit button don't even seem to work.

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Matthew,

On 15 Nov 2006, at 06:13, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

[...]

gtk+osx is still in alpha state. This means it is not at the state of gtk
for X11. The only 2 apps I tried where Ghotello and CinePaint. The later
has some issues. Both are useable. There is still some parts missing
tablet support, DnD or shape drawing and pointers as you allready saw. It
is up to you to use the X11 environment, gtk-osx or try gtk2' mac port.

At least the OK button in filechooser works. Take a look at the demos.