[gtk+osx] dustributing of GTK-OSX libs with app

[gtk+osx] dustributing of GTK-OSX libs with app

KieSoft
Hi!

I was able to compile my Linux app on MAC using GTK-OSX anf the app looks
like work. Now I need to send it to my testers. Can you advice me how to
create an install package that will distribute GTK-OSX libraries with my
app? I do not want force my users to download and compile GTK-OSX.

What is the best and/or traditional way to do that on MAC OS X?

Is there a way to statically link GTK-OSX to my app?

Best regards,
Igor

Re: [gtk+osx] dustributing of GTK-OSX libs with app

Andy Prock
You can't statically link to the frameworks.  They're dynamic libraries.

For distribution you can use the PackageMaker tool.  It gets installed
in /Developer/Applications/Utilities, when you install the XCode
Developer Tools.  There are several tutorials available on the web on
using PackageMaker.

Ultimately, it will generate an installer that mac users are familiar with.

The canonical directory for frameworks in OS X is /Library/Frameworks
(when installing for multiple users), and ~/Library/Frameworks (when
installing for a single user).

-Andy