[gtk+osx] Some questions regarding osx-gtk and xcode

[gtk+osx] Some questions regarding osx-gtk and xcode

Svenn Are Bjerkem
Hi,

in the hope of being able to write an app on my mac which I can also
compile on other platforms, I downloaded and installed gtk-osx, and
have so far been successful, but not without changing a bit.

I use xcode 1.5 and have started like described in the gtk-osx readme:
Create a new Carbon project and then remove the Carbon framework and
add the 3 gtk frameworks coming that gtk-osx consist of. Then I went
over to www.gtk.org to get the code for the simplest possible gtk
program which will compile and run and still show some sign of life;
http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/ch-gettingstarted.html. I discovered when
building this project that in some of the header files there is a top
level reference for some of the included header files which implies
that the program normally would be compiled with
-I/usr/local/include/glib. I decided to simply change
#include <glib.h>
#include <glib/glib.h>
and so on as I encountered the errors. This is probably breaking all
rules with gtk, but at least the code compiles and the app run.

So I wonder if there is a way to tell Xcode that -I switch which make
it find those header files, or if most gtk-osx developers are compiling
from the command line, and thus really don't care about this?

Svenn

Re: [gtk+osx] Some questions regarding osx-gtk and xcode

Charles Lepple-2
On Jul 27, 2005, at 3:46 PM, Svenn Are Bjerkem wrote:

> Then I went over to www.gtk.org to get the code for the simplest
> possible gtk program which will compile and run and still show some
> sign of life; http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/ch-gettingstarted.html.

Note that there may be other small differences as well: that tutorial
is apparently for GTK+2, and GTK+OSX is based on GTK+1.

--
Charles Lepple