gtk-config and SuSE

Donn Washburn
Hey Group;

Being new to this list - I sure hope this is the correct place to check on gtk-config.

I have used SuSE for about ten years and it seems that around 9.0 I started to notice gtk
problems.  Specifically, dealing with any form of "pkg" config with or without a "-".

What has happened to pkg-config as a script or binary.

I am trying to compile jpilot and it complains about pkg-config and SuSE seems to be
missing it on the CDs or working system using search on Yast2 Update.

Is it available in a current package?
--
73 de Donn Washburn  Hpage: " http://www.hal-pc.org/~n5xwb "
Ham Callsign N5XWB   Email: " [hidden email] "

Re: gtk-config and SuSE

Daniel Nilsson
On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 08:17:43PM -0500, Donn Washburn wrote:
> Hey Group;
>
> Being new to this list - I sure hope this is the correct place to check on
> gtk-config.

gtk-config is old (from gtk-1.2 which is obsolete), it has been
replaced by pkg-config.

> I have used SuSE for about ten years and it seems that around 9.0 I started
> to notice gtk problems.  Specifically, dealing with any form of "pkg"
> config with or without a "-".
>
> What has happened to pkg-config as a script or binary.
>
> I am trying to compile jpilot and it complains about pkg-config and SuSE
> seems to be missing it on the CDs or working system using search on Yast2
> Update.
>
> Is it available in a current package?

In the package pkgconfig maybe ?

http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/pkgconfig.html

I'm not sure your message makes sense really, is it perhaps so that
you are compiling an old software that depends on gtk-config and you
can't find that on your system ? pkg-config is most likely installed,
otherwise your are missing quite a few pieces...

Daniel