glib: slist: how check if empty

Felix Kater
Hi,

it could be helpful to add a note how to check if a slist is empty,
either in the general description or g_slist_remove() function (maybe
at both places).

E.g.: "When the last element is removed the pointer to slist is set to
NULL."

AFAIK this is not mentioned anywhere.

Felix

Re: glib: slist: how check if empty

Owen Taylor
On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 12:20 +0200, Felix Kater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it could be helpful to add a note how to check if a slist is empty,
> either in the general description or g_slist_remove() function (maybe
> at both places).
>
> E.g.: "When the last element is removed the pointer to slist is set to
> NULL."
>
> AFAIK this is not mentioned anywhere.

Suggestions about the GLib and GTK+ docs should generally be filed in
bugzilla.gnome.org. This list is mostly about the gtk-doc *tool*.

Regards,
                                        Owen

Re: glib: slist: how check if empty

Stefan Sauer-4
Hi Owen,

can you (or anyone elso who knows how and is allowed to) then relabel the list
desciption like I suggested in the attached message?

Thanks,
   Stefan

> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 12:20 +0200, Felix Kater wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>it could be helpful to add a note how to check if a slist is empty,
>>either in the general description or g_slist_remove() function (maybe
>>at both places).
>>
>>E.g.: "When the last element is removed the pointer to slist is set to
>>NULL."
>>
>>AFAIK this is not mentioned anywhere.
>>

> Suggestions about the GLib and GTK+ docs should generally be filed in
> bugzilla.gnome.org. This list is mostly about the gtk-doc *tool*.
>
> Regards,
> Owen

describes the gtk-doc-list as:
   'Coordination of GTK+ documentation'

Is that really so, or isn't the list more about the gtk-doc tools (usage and
development).

There is also the 'gnome-doc-list' which is about 'GNOME documentation issues'.
IMHO that is appropriate for gtk documentation issues too. Can anyone change
this gtk-doc-list description (if it makes sense)? A suggestion would be
   'Usage and development of the gtk-doc utillity'

Ciao
   Stefan