gettext glade3

martti-3
Hi,

Does the current gettext for windows understand glade3 -files ?
I have not managed to show translatied glade3-fields in my
php-gtk2/glade3 apps.

Thanks.

Re: gettext glade3

Andre Colomb
Hi List!

Did anybody ever investigate this issue? I'm currently facing the same
problem, strings from PHP get translated alright, but strings from Glade
files don't, even if they are marked "translatable".

The tutorial from the PHP-Gtk1 documentation indicates it should be very
easy but it is obviously outdated.

Could someone please try to explain the current situation?

Regards, André

martti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the current gettext for windows understand glade3 -files ?
> I have not managed to show translatied glade3-fields in my
> php-gtk2/glade3 apps.
>
> Thanks.

Re: gettext glade3

kaspernj
Hi.

I have written several applications which works perfectly with gettext
under both Windows (XP and Vista) and Linux (Debian and Ubuntu).

The problem can occur, if you use the non-default php-gettext-extension,
which is a PHP-framework - not the native gettext-extension. The package
for this is called "php-gettext" in Ubuntu, and it should not be used
with PHP-GTK applications, because of exactly this problem.

--
Regards
Kasper Johanse

Re: gettext glade3

Andre Colomb
Kasper Johansen wrote:
> Hi.

Hi Kasper and thanks for your response.

> I have written several applications which works perfectly with gettext
> under both Windows (XP and Vista) and Linux (Debian and Ubuntu).

Could you maybe send a working example so I can test whether I have a
path problem or something similar? A glade, PHP and PO/MO file would be
great.

> The problem can occur, if you use the non-default php-gettext-extension,
> which is a PHP-framework - not the native gettext-extension. The package
> for this is called "php-gettext" in Ubuntu, and it should not be used
> with PHP-GTK applications, because of exactly this problem.

Well I'm pretty sure I'm using the stock php_gettext.dll extension.
That's what I put in my php-cli.ini. Is there any way I can tell which
one is actually used? Debugging gettext seems to be non-trivial (even
more in PHP).

I forgot to mention, the Gtk stock items do get translated after I
copied the lib/locale/ directory from the stock win32 Gtk+ build to the
PHP-Gtk2 installation folder. Maybe a hint on the download page would be
nice for the people using the pre-built win32 binaries.

Hope to find a solution soon--this has cost me a couple of days already.

Regards, Andre
--
Greetings...
From: Andre Colomb <[hidden email]>

Re: gettext glade3

Elizabeth M Smith

> I forgot to mention, the Gtk stock items do get translated after I
> copied the lib/locale/ directory from the stock win32 Gtk+ build to the
> PHP-Gtk2 installation folder. Maybe a hint on the download page would be
> nice for the people using the pre-built win32 binaries.

That's because by default the windows build does not ship with locale
(.mo) files because they're quite frankly huge and most people don't use
them - we'd be glad to have some help with documentation.

Thanks,
Elizabeth