gate3-in code generator for Glade2 and Glade 3 GtkBuilder and LibGlade files

gate3-in code generator for Glade2 and Glade 3 GtkBuilder and LibGlade files

Rob Groen
Hello all,

Inspired by the work of Francois Fabien on a Glade3 code sketcher (see the GtkAda Digest  of November 24th 2012) I brought the old gate-in code generator back to life.
The work is based on the sources found in the 2011 GtkAda distribution, notably Glib.Glade, Gtk.Glade and Gtk_Generates. This is work in progress, so not all Glade3 features are supported (yet). Also, Glade2 testing is limited to Glade2 files that I have used in the past, so they probably don't touch all the functionality.
Testing has been done on WinXP and on Ubuntu 10.04, using the 2012 GNAT GPL and GtkAda distribution. No other prerequisites are known to me.

Download the zip file from: http://robgr.home.xs4all.nl/
When building gate3-in the gpr file specifies "debug" and "obj" subdirectories relative to the directory where the sources and the gpr file are found.

Any comments are welcome!

Regards, Rob Groen

Re: gate3-in code generator for Glade2 and Glade 3 GtkBuilder and LibGlade files

Gautier de Montmollin
Glad(e) to hear that.
Will test it ASAP.
Congrats!
Gautier

gate3-in code generator (v0.4) for Glade GtkBuilder and LibGlade files

Rob Groen

Hello all,

Last February I "released" version 0.3 of gate3-in, an Ada code sketcher for Glade, based on gate-in which is not maintained anymore. Now I am releasing version 0.4 which sees a number of fixes and enhancements (I hope).
The sketcher still targets Gtk2 (Gtkada 2.24) and Glade3 version prior to 3.8.1.
When time permits I will move gate3-in to GTK3 (Gtkada 3.x), but this will probably take some time.

The work is based on the sources found in the 2011 GtkAda distribution, notably Glib.Glade, Gtk.Glade and Gtk_Generates. This is work in progress, so not all Glade features are supported (yet). Also, testing is limited to Glade files that I have used in the past and new ones that were created targeting changes that I made, so they probably don't touch all the functionality.
Testing has been done on WinXP and on Ubuntu 10.04, using the 2012 GNAT GPL and GtkAda 2.24 distribution. No other prerequisites are known to me.

Download the zip file from: http://robgr.home.xs4all.nl/

Both versions (0.3 and 0.4) can be found there. Zip files include a list of changes.
When building gate3-in the gpr file specifies "debug" and "obj" subdirectories relative to the directory where the sources and the gpr file are found. You must create these subdirectories  before using gnatmake.

If you have problems downloading, send me an e-mail so I can mail the zip file directly.

Comments are welcome!

Regards, Rob Groen