g_io_channel problems

Colossus
Hi,

I use g_spawn_async_with_pipes with these parameters:
if ( ! g_spawn_async_with_pipes (
                NULL,
                argv,
                NULL,
                (GSpawnFlags) G_SPAWN_SEARCH_PATH |
G_SPAWN_DO_NOT_REAP_CHILD|G_SPAWN_LEAVE_DESCRIPTORS_OPEN,
                NULL,
                NULL,
                &child_pid,
                NULL,
                &output_fd,
                &error_fd,
                &error) )

After that I set up an I channel:
        GIOChannel *ioc;
        ioc = g_io_channel_unix_new(fd);
50 g_io_channel_set_encoding (ioc, NULL, NULL);
51 g_io_channel_set_close_on_unref (ioc, TRUE);
        g_io_channel_set_flags (ioc, G_IO_FLAG_NONBLOCK, NULL );
        g_io_add_watch (ioc, cond, func, data);

The command to run is unzip -qq -vl foo.zip

However if I leave the lines 50 and 51 I always got printed a long
list of (null), if I remove them I got the files in the zip archive
plus some null. I look into the source of graveman and I see the
author leaves those lines, the output of cdrecord is pure ascii as the
one of unzip, why this different behaviour ?

Colossus

Cpsed, a Linux OpenGL 3D scene editor
http://cpsed.sourceforge.net/