excluding some part from code in gtk-doc

excluding some part from code in gtk-doc

techi eth
Hi,

I am trying to use gtk-doc tool.I found it is great!!!

I am having following query.
- I understand comment from header file will be taken for gtk doc.
- What is the way to hide some part of the document (Example : I don't want to populate few of the define & structure)
- I am not able to see struct keyword for structure data type however details are coming correctly.Please provide me hint.

Thanks..

Re: excluding some part from code in gtk-doc

David Nečas (Yeti)-2
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 07:27:23PM +0530, techi eth wrote:
> - I understand comment from header file will be taken for gtk doc.

The comments providing documentation can be either in headers (.h) or
implementation (.c).

> - What is the way to hide some part of the document (Example : I don't want
> to populate few of the define & structure)

For struct fields like this:

typedef struct {
    /*<public>*/
    gint publicint;
    /*<private>*/
    gint privateint;
} MyStruct;

Entire non-public headers can be excluded with comment

    /*<private_header>*/

Concerning the exclusion of symbols in public headers, I'd suggest not
to put them into public headers in the first place.  You can maintain
the foo-sections.txt file manually though and put only hand-picked
symbols there.

> - I am not able to see struct keyword for structure data type however
> details are coming correctly.Please provide me hint.

I don't understand this part.

Regards,

Yeti