error when starting app

Flatman

Hi,

I wrote a little app with Gtk2 and Perl

I allways get this error when starting the app, however the app works
fine ...

GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'BasicEngineFc'. at Helloworld.pl line 9.
GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed at Helloworld.pl line 9.
Failed to load Pango module for id: 'BasicScriptEngineFc'

The code is :

use strict;
use Gtk2 '-init';

my $window = Gtk2::Window->new;
my $button = Gtk2::Button->new ('Hello World! I Quit');
$button->signal_connect (clicked => sub { Gtk2->main_quit} ) ;
$window->signal_connect (destroy => sub { Gtk2->main_quit} ) ;
$window->add ($button);
$window->show_all;
Gtk2->main;

any idea why I get this error ?

Thanks
Erik

Re: error when starting app

Jens Luedicke
On 8/9/05, Flatman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote a little app with Gtk2 and Perl
>
> I allways get this error when starting the app, however the app works
> fine ...
>
> GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Two different plugins tried to register 'BasicEngineFc'. at Helloworld.pl line 9.
> GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed at Helloworld.pl line 9.
> Failed to load Pango module for id: 'BasicScriptEngineFc'

This is some problem with Pango and if it appears only when running
gtk2-perl programs I would try to recompile the bindings against the
system Gtk2.

HTH,
Jens

--
Jens Luedicke
web: http://perldude.de/

Re: error when starting app

Flatman
* Jens Luedicke <[hidden email]> wrote:

| This is some problem with Pango and if it appears only when running
| gtk2-perl programs I would try to recompile the bindings against the
| system Gtk2.

How to do this ?

Thanks
Erik

Re: error when starting app

Jan Hudec
On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:30:30 +0200, Flatman wrote:
> * Jens Luedicke <[hidden email]> wrote:
> |
> | This is some problem with Pango and if it appears only when running
> | gtk2-perl programs I would try to recompile the bindings against the
> | system Gtk2.
> |

> How to do this ?

Depends on your system. You can always install the bindings manually (see the
web page for intallation instructions) or try to rebuild the relevant
package, if it's a package (see your package manager for instructions).