documentation pages broken

Kasper Peeters-2
TL;DR: can someone who is responsible or knows someone who is
responsible for the developer API pages please read the text below,
there is a serious issue with many GNOME libraries NOT having any API
documentation online.

Full story: the API documentation for many of the C++ bindings at

  https://developer.gnome.org/references

is currently broken.

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post.

Re: documentation pages broken

Gtk+ - General mailing list

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 18:41, Kasper Peeters <[hidden email]> wrote:
TL;DR: can someone who is responsible or knows someone who is
responsible for the developer API pages please read the text below,
there is a serious issue with many GNOME libraries NOT having any API
documentation online.

Full story: the API documentation for many of the C++ bindings at

  https://developer.gnome.org/references

is currently broken.

This is unexpected.

Can you file an issue on the GitLab issue tracker for the libraries without a reference?

Re: documentation pages broken

Kasper Peeters-2
> > Full story: the API documentation for many of the C++ bindings at
> >
> >   https://developer.gnome.org/references
> >
> > is currently broken.
> >

> This is unexpected.
>
> Can you file an issue on the GitLab issue tracker for the libraries
> without a reference?

There is one already,

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/library-web/issues/12

It's a year old... No-one with sufficient access rights seems to feel
responsible enough to do something about it.

Cheers,
Kasper

Re: documentation pages broken

Gtk+ - General mailing list
Thanks.

Sadly, there is just one person responsible for library-web, and he maintains it on his spare time—which has gotten considerably smaller.

I'd be tempted to suggest the *mm bindings developers to use CI to generate the documentation and publish it on the GitLab pages, like GTK does for its master branch; at least it would be *something*.

Sadly, the automated publishing of documentation from release tarballs is an unsolved problem: we kind of painted ourselves in the corner, here, by having infrastructure in place that automated everything to the point of not being maintained any more.

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 at 20:05, Kasper Peeters <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Full story: the API documentation for many of the C++ bindings at
> >
> >   https://developer.gnome.org/references
> >
> > is currently broken.
> >

> This is unexpected.
>
> Can you file an issue on the GitLab issue tracker for the libraries
> without a reference?

There is one already,

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/library-web/issues/12

It's a year old... No-one with sufficient access rights seems to feel
responsible enough to do something about it.

Cheers,
Kasper

Re: documentation pages broken

Kasper Peeters-2
I'm happy to volunteer to get this sorted, but I need access (and a
few pointers to get me started would also be useful, but I can live
without that).

The situation right now is really not reflecting well on the otherwise
excellent C++ bindings.

Kasper