creating self-contained MSWindows executable

creating self-contained MSWindows executable

Rob Groen
Hello,

Is there a way to create a WIndows executable that can run on MSWindows
computers that do not have Gtkada installed (and no GNAT installed as well)?

Best regards
Rob Groen

Re: creating self-contained MSWindows executable

Arnaud Charlet
> Is there a way to create a WIndows executable that can run on MSWindows
> computers that do not have Gtkada installed (and no GNAT installed as well)?

This topic is addressed in the GtkAda user's guide. Basically you need to
package a set of DLLs and config files.

Arno

Re: creating self-contained MSWindows executable

Rob Groen
Thanks for your swift reply,
I was afraid that this would be the answer. I was hoping that it would be possible to link/bind all the required library code into one executable. Then it would be sufficient to copy the executable.
Rob

On 07/07/12 11:46, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
Is there a way to create a WIndows executable that can run on MSWindows
computers that do not have Gtkada installed (and no GNAT installed as well)?
This topic is addressed in the GtkAda user's guide. Basically you need to
package a set of DLLs and config files.

Arno

Re: creating self-contained MSWindows executable

Dmitry A. Kazakov
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 12:11:04 +0200, you wrote:

> I was afraid that this would be the answer. I was hoping that it would
> be possible to link/bind all the required library code into one
> executable. Then it would be sufficient to copy the executable.

It is much more than just executable and the DLLs. Even if you linked
statically to all DLLs you would have other files to install. E.g. if you
have GIMP installed. Look into C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0. This is how
your installation should look like. You can create an installer program
using MS Visual Studio or other tools.

Dmitry A. Kazakov
http://www.dmitry-kazakov.de

Re: creating self-contained MSWindows executable

Gautier de Montmollin
Dmitry:

> You can create an installer program using MS Visual Studio or other tools.

Like this one ?

http://gnavi.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gnavi/gwindows/installer/

NB: it is a self-contained installer, all in Ada :-)

Cheers

Gautier