adding entry in nautilus context

Fabio Marzocca
Where could I read the basics to add an entry into nautilus
context-menu froma gtk2-perl application?
Thanks..

Re: adding entry in nautilus context

Emmanuele Bassi
Hi,

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:27 +0200, The Saltydog wrote:
> Where could I read the basics to add an entry into nautilus
> context-menu froma gtk2-perl application?

You can't read, since there isn't a Perl binding for the
libnautilus-extensions library, which would do the trick.

I had been thinking about binding this library, but haven't got much
time around; plus, toying with GLib runtime modules and Perl is quite
out of my XS skills, at the moment.

Emmanuele Bassi <[hidden email]>
Web site: http://log.emmanuelebassi.net

Re: adding entry in nautilus context

muppet-6

On Jun 27, 2005, at 3:48 AM, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:27 +0200, The Saltydog wrote:
>
>> Where could I read the basics to add an entry into nautilus
>> context-menu froma gtk2-perl application?
>
> You can't read, since there isn't a Perl binding for the
> libnautilus-extensions library, which would do the trick.

My only concern would be that the amount of logic in the extension
wouldn't justify the resource usage of the dynamic language runtime.
(But that's a concern with doing any gtk+ work in any language other
than C.)

> I had been thinking about binding this library, but haven't got much
> time around; plus, toying with GLib runtime modules and Perl is quite
> out of my XS skills, at the moment.

It's not *that* hard.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-perl-list/2004-July/msg00130.html

--