Wondering about packaging app after development

Wondering about packaging app after development

Olajide Obasan
Hello guys,
         I was just wondering how one would package an application after
development like a normal desktop application with starting the application
with the CLI or terminal??..
Thank  You

Re: Wondering about packaging app after development

jake.cobb (Bugzilla)
For Windows, I created an installer with NSIS.   You can install your
php-gtk ready version of PHP alongside the app code.  If you configure the
PHP install as a separate component (or whatever NSIS calls it), then you
can add other php-gtk apps later and not have them re-install your PHP
version every time.

Your shortcuts should be to your version of PHP, passing it your
application script to execute (plus other args if your app script needs
them).  When you build for Windows, there will be two PHP executables, one
of them opens a CLI for console output and the other doesn't.  I created
shortcuts for both, the main one to the CLI-less PHP and one labeled
"(debug)" to the CLI-including PHP.

Lastly, the PHP executable has an icon with the PHP logo embedded in it,
which is what displays when you shortcut to it.  I replaced the icon in the
PHP binary with one of my own so the shortcuts show my app's icon instead.
 There are free tools to replace the binary's icon, although I forget which
one I used.

-Jake Cobb