[Win32] HTTP::Soup

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[Win32] HTTP::Soup

sisyphus1
Hi,

Seems that HTTP::Soup requires that a soup typelib file be available:

#######################################
C:\>perl -V:archname
archname='MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int';

C:\>perl -MHTTP::Soup -le 1
Typelib file for namespace 'Soup', version '2.4' not found at
C:/MinGW/perl524_64int/site/lib/Glib/Object/Introspection.pm line 92.
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
#######################################

I have libsoup win32 binaries (dll, import lib and headers) but there's no
soup typelib provided.

Can the typelib file be generated from those binaries ? (And, if so, how ?)

Cheers,
Rob

_______________________________________________
gtk-perl-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-perl-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Win32] HTTP::Soup

sisyphus1
-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:39 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Win32] HTTP::Soup

> I have libsoup win32 binaries (dll, import lib and headers) but there's no
> soup typelib provided.

I think that in order to get the typelib, the libsoup build has to be
configured with --enable-introspection=yes.

Not much point in doing that with libsoup-2.24 as that configure option is
not understood, and is simply ignored.

So I'm trying with libsoup-2.40.3, which does understand the option. (I have
only glib-2.34.1, so I can't use most recent libsoup sources.)

Unfortunately, with 2.40.3 and --enableintrospection=yes, the Makefile that
gets written wants to include a
"/gobject-introspection-1.0/Makefile.introspection", which doesn't exist.
In fact, I can't find a Makefile.introspection anywhere ... so I guess
that's the next thing to work out.

Cheers,
Rob


_______________________________________________
gtk-perl-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-perl-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Win32] HTTP::Soup

Emmanuele Bassi
You will need gobject-introspection as a pre-requisite for building
introspection support in libsoup — and any other GObject-based
library.

I'd like to point out a couple of additional things, though:

  - GLib 2.34.1 is from October 2012, which makes it almost 5 years
old. You should seriously update it.
  - Libsoup 2.40.3 is from January 2013; again, please update it.

Since you're building on Windows, you should look into MSYS2:
http://www.msys2.org/

MSYS2 is the recommended way to build the G* stack libraries, and it
has all the dependencies needed to build recent versions, with
introspection enabled.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

On 17 March 2017 at 11:55,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: [hidden email]
> Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 9:39 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Win32] HTTP::Soup
>
>> I have libsoup win32 binaries (dll, import lib and headers) but there's no
>> soup typelib provided.
>
>
> I think that in order to get the typelib, the libsoup build has to be
> configured with --enable-introspection=yes.
>
> Not much point in doing that with libsoup-2.24 as that configure option is
> not understood, and is simply ignored.
>
> So I'm trying with libsoup-2.40.3, which does understand the option. (I have
> only glib-2.34.1, so I can't use most recent libsoup sources.)
>
> Unfortunately, with 2.40.3 and --enableintrospection=yes, the Makefile that
> gets written wants to include a
> "/gobject-introspection-1.0/Makefile.introspection", which doesn't exist.
> In fact, I can't find a Makefile.introspection anywhere ... so I guess
> that's the next thing to work out.
>
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gtk-perl-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-perl-list



--
https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]
_______________________________________________
gtk-perl-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-perl-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Win32] HTTP::Soup

sisyphus1


-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuele Bassi
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 11:01 PM
To: [hidden email]
Cc: gtk-perl mailing list
Subject: Re: [Win32] HTTP::Soup

> MSYS2 is the recommended way to build the G* stack libraries, and it has
> all the dependencies needed to build recent versions, with introspection
> enabled.

Ok - I'll try that.

Thanks Emmanuele !!

Cheers,
Rob

_______________________________________________
gtk-perl-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-perl-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [Win32] HTTP::Soup

sisyphus1
In reply to this post by sisyphus1
-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuele Bassi
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 11:01 PM
To: [hidden email]
Cc: gtk-perl mailing list
Subject: Re: [Win32] HTTP::Soup

> MSYS2 is the recommended way to build the G* stack libraries, and it has
> all the dependencies needed to build recent versions, with introspection
> enabled.

Yes - that worked quite well with latest git sources of HTTP-Soup, and all
tests passed.

Only problem was that I initially forgot to rename MSYS2's static
libsoup-2.4.a to libsoup-2.4.a_hide.

Once I remembered to do that, the build switched to linking to the
libsoup-2.4.dll.a import lib, and everything worked trivially.

Cheers,
Rob

_______________________________________________
gtk-perl-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-perl-list
Loading...