Which glibmm branch shall be used with gtkmm-3?

Which glibmm branch shall be used with gtkmm-3?

Kjell Ahlstedt-2

When I build gtkmm-3 with jhbuild, I get a glibmm-2.4 which is fetched from the glibmm-2-50 branch. That's because of info in https://git.gnome.org/browse/jhbuild/tree/modulesets/gnome-suites-core-deps-3.26.modules. Is that correct? Or shall it be the glibmm-2-52 branch?

I ask because a deprecation warning in glibmm/glib/glibmm/object.cc should be suppressed now that g_object_newv() is deprecated. I wonder in which glibmm branch (or branches) I shall do that. glibmm-2-50 or glibmm-2-52 or both? I suppose we shall not use the replacement g_object_new_with_properties() in either of these branches, because then they would depend on glib version 2.54. On the other hand I suppose that at least glibmm-2-52 should be compatible with glib 2.54.

Re: Which glibmm branch shall be used with gtkmm-3?

Murray Cumming-5
On Wed, 2017-04-26 at 17:06 +0200, Kjell Ahlstedt wrote:
> When I build gtkmm-3 with jhbuild, I get a glibmm-2.4 which is
> fetched from the glibmm-2-50 branch. That's because of info in
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/jhbuild/tree/modulesets/gnome-suites-
> core-deps-3.26.modules. Is that correct? Or shall it be the glibmm-2-
> 52 branch?

It should be the glibmm-2.52 branch, which is the latest glibmm-2.4.

> I ask because a deprecation warning in glibmm/glib/glibmm/object.cc
> should be suppressed now that g_object_newv() is deprecated. I wonder
> in which glibmm branch (or branches) I shall do that. glibmm-2-50 or
> glibmm-2-52 or both? I suppose we shall not use the replacement
> g_object_new_with_properties() in either of these branches, because
> then they would depend on glib version 2.54.

Agreed.

>  On the other hand I suppose that at least glibmm-2-52 should be
> compatible with glib 2.54.

Yes, that would be nice.

Thanks.

Murray Cumming