Where are the buttons in Dialog and Filechooser Dialog

Where are the buttons in Dialog and Filechooser Dialog

bertus.dries
I am using the newest edition of GtkAda as can be downloaded grom AdaCore.
Since then Gtk.Dialog and Gtk.File_Chooser_Dialog do not have Buttons
anymore (OK and Cancel). In Glade older .glade files do not show them in the
the GUI interface anymore and after saving they are really gone (although
when creating a new dialog the can be inserted they cannot be saved. The
same happens with the File_Chooser_Dialog. Even when hardcoding there is no
possibility anymore in the file shooser dialog.
In the Filechooser_Dialog is presented in the description the line:
dialog = gtk_file_chooser_dialog_new ("Open File", parent_window, action,
--  _("_Cancel"), GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL, _("_Open"), GTK_RESPONSE_ACCEPT,
NULL);
but no possibulty is found to use thisbecause the specification in the
package is not present.

In a Dialog I now am forced to use the The box to draw the buttons but in
the File chooser I don't see how to do that.
I alse have problems using the Add_Button method it seems that it is not
inherited in the filechooser.

So how can I get my buttons back?

Re: Where are the buttons in Dialog and Filechooser Dialog

Emmanuel Briot
> I am using the newest edition of GtkAda as can be downloaded grom AdaCore.
> Since then Gtk.Dialog and Gtk.File_Chooser_Dialog do not have Buttons
> anymore (OK and Cancel).

You always needed to add the buttons explicitly, via a call to Gtk.Dialog.Add_Button.
One of the changes they did in recent versions of gtk+ though is that depending on the
theme, the buttons are displayed in the title bar rather than at the bottom of the
dialog.
See the GtkAda specific subprogram Gtk.Dialog.Use_Header_Bar_From_Settings

regards
Emmanuel

Re: Where are the buttons in Dialog and Filechooser Dialog

bertus.dries
I Now have placed yhe following lines in after

File_Dialog := Gtk_File_Chooser_Dialog_New

in the program:

FC_Cancel := Add_Button(Gtk_Dialog(File_Dialog), "Cancel",
Gtk_Response_Cancel);
FC_OK := Add_Button(Gtk_Dialog(File_Dialog), "OK", Gtk_Response_OK);

I needed the enter the conversion of File_Dialog to Gtk_Dialog format.
Now I get two Buttons but they still do not rtespond

L. Dries

> I am using the newest edition of GtkAda as can be downloaded grom AdaCore.
> Since then Gtk.Dialog and Gtk.File_Chooser_Dialog do not have Buttons
> anymore (OK and Cancel).

You always needed to add the buttons explicitly, via a call to
Gtk.Dialog.Add_Button.
One of the changes they did in recent versions of gtk+ though is that
depending on the
theme, the buttons are displayed in the title bar rather than at the bottom
of the
dialog.
See the GtkAda specific subprogram Gtk.Dialog.Use_Header_Bar_From_Settings

regards
Emmanuel

-----
Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
Versie: 2016.0.7640 / Virusdatabase: 4613/12571 - datum van uitgifte:
07/07/16