What's the deal with 'pango-bidi-type.c' ?

What's the deal with 'pango-bidi-type.c' ?

John Emmas-2
I just updated pango from git master and noticed commit #0a71013dfc
(13th Nov 2017) which reads "Drop now unused mini-fribidi".

Maybe I'm confused about something but pango itself looks like
"pango-bidi-type.c" is still included in the build.  In fact, it's
needed for a couple of functions - such as
'pango_log2vis_get_embedding_levels()'.  However, 'pango-bidi-type.c'
#includes <fribidi.h> which doesn't exist any more.

Or does mini-fribidi now need to get built as a separate library? Thanks,

John

On 07/03/2018 22:05, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Yes. You need the external fribidi library now.

Okay Behdad, thanks.

I installed fribidi (from (git) and decided to use it as my first foray
into building with meson.  I installed meson and ran this command after
reading the "quick start" guide:-

      meson builddir && cd builddir

According to the quick guide, meson will produce VC and XCode project
files.  It did produce a "builddir" subdirectory but the builddir seems
to be mostly empty.  It's built something called 'sanitycheck.exe' but
I'm not seeing a built library, nor any project files for building one.
This is my first attempt at meson so I'm probably doing something
stupid.  Do I need to use a different command?

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 1:36 AM, John Emmas <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 07/03/2018 22:05, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
Yes. You need the external fribidi library now.

Okay Behdad, thanks.

I installed fribidi (from (git) and decided to use it as my first foray into building with meson.

I haven't used meson, so someone else should jump in.

On 08/03/2018 10:03, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 1:36 AM, John Emmas <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 07/03/2018 22:05, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
Yes. You need the external fribidi library now.

Okay Behdad, thanks.

I installed fribidi (from (git) and decided to use it as my first foray into building with meson.

I haven't used meson, so someone else should jump in.

No problem - I've just posted the same question on the fribidi mailing list but if anyone here can help with msvc/meson builds, I'd appreciate any advice.  Thanks,

John