Warnings

Deepak Chiradoni
Good morning,

Hi, I am using GTKMM 3.0 and glade for development of my application. I am getting these type of warnings while I run my application.

Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'gtkmm__GtkButton': out of memory

Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'gtkmm__GtkGrid': out of memory

Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'gtkmm__GtkAlignment': out of memory

Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'gtkmm__GtkFrame': out of memory

Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'gtkmm__GtkBox': out of memory

Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'gtkmm__GtkExpander': out of memory

Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'gtkmm__GtkBox': out of memory

Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'gtkmm__GtkBox': out of memory

Sometimes I am getting, sometimes not. While getting these type of warnings two buttons I have added will disappear. Please help me regarding this.

Regards
Deepak, India

Re: Warnings

Daniel Boles
I presume, from your not mentioning it, that your computer is not, in fact, running out of memory...?

If not, then the usual advice applies: run your program in debug mode with the env var G_DEBUG=fatal-warnings, then post a backtrace from where that warning occurs.

Since it happens during drawing, are you implementing any custom drawing methods?