Upcoming retirement of the PHP-GTK.eu community site

Upcoming retirement of the PHP-GTK.eu community site

"Frédéric G. MARAND"
Hello all,

The http://PHP-GTK.eu community site was created in late 2006 to :

- restore visibility of the wiki and apps repository content on
http://gtk.php.net which had been taken offline after an exploit on
the original TWiki instance.
- provide a more community-oriented gathering point for PHP-GTK
developers/users than the authoritative/reference http://gtk.php.net
site.

Over the years, it has been providing these resources, as well as
original community-provided ones, notably installation procedures and
tips/tricks for components, and serving the IRC bot Gataka on #php-gtk
.

My interests have been taking me away from PHP-GTK for quite some
time, and I can no longer give it the attention it needs, beyond the
ongoing maintenance, it needs, being CMS-based. The consequence is
that I do not plan to maintain it past 2014-12-31.

I think it would be a pity to have all the accumulated information
present on the site be lost when I pull the plug, hence this
announcement : I hope someone more involved in PHP-GTK than myself
will be interested in taking up the helm and provide a new home for
this content : the site itself is unimportant, but the content is.

Since the brasilian PHP-GTK community appears to have long been the
largest in terms of users, merging the content into the existing
brasilian community site would probably make most sense, since the
purposes of the sites are rather similar. I'm open to anything as long
as it can preserve this community-generated information in some public
form.

Please contact me off-list using the contact tab on
http://php-gtk.eu/contact if you are interested.

Re: Upcoming retirement of the PHP-GTK.eu community site

Alexandre Pereira Bühler
I'm interested in hosting this list.
But I can not contact you.

On 22/08/2014 05:25, Frédéric Marand wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The http://PHP-GTK.eu community site was created in late 2006 to :
>
> - restore visibility of the wiki and apps repository content on
> http://gtk.php.net which had been taken offline after an exploit on
> the original TWiki instance.
> - provide a more community-oriented gathering point for PHP-GTK
> developers/users than the authoritative/reference http://gtk.php.net
> site.
>
> Over the years, it has been providing these resources, as well as
> original community-provided ones, notably installation procedures and
> tips/tricks for components, and serving the IRC bot Gataka on #php-gtk
> .
>
> My interests have been taking me away from PHP-GTK for quite some
> time, and I can no longer give it the attention it needs, beyond the
> ongoing maintenance, it needs, being CMS-based. The consequence is
> that I do not plan to maintain it past 2014-12-31.
>
> I think it would be a pity to have all the accumulated information
> present on the site be lost when I pull the plug, hence this
> announcement : I hope someone more involved in PHP-GTK than myself
> will be interested in taking up the helm and provide a new home for
> this content : the site itself is unimportant, but the content is.
>
> Since the brasilian PHP-GTK community appears to have long been the
> largest in terms of users, merging the content into the existing
> brasilian community site would probably make most sense, since the
> purposes of the sites are rather similar. I'm open to anything as long
> as it can preserve this community-generated information in some public
> form.
>
> Please contact me off-list using the contact tab on
> http://php-gtk.eu/contact if you are interested.

Re: Upcoming retirement of the PHP-GTK.eu community site

Alexandre Pereira Bühler-2
Its the talk on skype?
my skype: simaoebuhler
I can not contact you by email.
No one answered my emails.
I have own server in Brazil and have no interest in continuing the
php-gtk.eu

On 22/08/2014 05:25, Frédéric Marand wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The http://PHP-GTK.eu community site was created in late 2006 to :
>
> - restore visibility of the wiki and apps repository content on
> http://gtk.php.net which had been taken offline after an exploit on
> the original TWiki instance.
> - provide a more community-oriented gathering point for PHP-GTK
> developers/users than the authoritative/reference http://gtk.php.net
> site.
>
> Over the years, it has been providing these resources, as well as
> original community-provided ones, notably installation procedures and
> tips/tricks for components, and serving the IRC bot Gataka on #php-gtk
> .
>
> My interests have been taking me away from PHP-GTK for quite some
> time, and I can no longer give it the attention it needs, beyond the
> ongoing maintenance, it needs, being CMS-based. The consequence is
> that I do not plan to maintain it past 2014-12-31.
>
> I think it would be a pity to have all the accumulated information
> present on the site be lost when I pull the plug, hence this
> announcement : I hope someone more involved in PHP-GTK than myself
> will be interested in taking up the helm and provide a new home for
> this content : the site itself is unimportant, but the content is.
>
> Since the brasilian PHP-GTK community appears to have long been the
> largest in terms of users, merging the content into the existing
> brasilian community site would probably make most sense, since the
> purposes of the sites are rather similar. I'm open to anything as long
> as it can preserve this community-generated information in some public
> form.
>
> Please contact me off-list using the contact tab on
> http://php-gtk.eu/contact if you are interested.

Re: Upcoming retirement of the PHP-GTK.eu community site

Alexandre Pereira Bühler-2
Its the talk on skype?
my skype: simaoebuhler
I can not contact you by email.
No one answered my emails.
I have server itself in Brazil and I have an interest in continuing the
php-gtk.eu