Undefined reference to g_file_load_bytes()

Undefined reference to g_file_load_bytes()

PC Buddies
 During my application programming, I had to use the GIO function
g_file_load_bytes().

I have my GTK+ installation installed from MSYS (the new method)
so I obviously have GIO. I previously even used g_file_load_contents()
without problems, but now, it weirdly doesn't find definition for
`g_file_load_bytes()` in the libraries..

I checked the headers and not surprisingly I could not find declarations
for this function either. I have had similar problem with other glib
functions before too, most of the functions from the man page work, but
some not.

What should I do?

Re: Undefined reference to g_file_load_bytes()

Emmanuele Bassi
Hi;

g_file_load_bytes() is available since GLib 2.56:

  https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GFile.html#g-file-load-bytes

so you'll need to make sure that the version of GLib provided by MSYS2 is
new enough if you want to use that method.

On 1 June 2018 at 01:21, PC Buddies <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  During my application programming, I had to use the GIO function
> g_file_load_bytes().
>
> I have my GTK+ installation installed from MSYS (the new method)
> so I obviously have GIO. I previously even used g_file_load_contents()
> without problems, but now, it weirdly doesn't find definition for
> `g_file_load_bytes()` in the libraries..
>
> I checked the headers and not surprisingly I could not find declarations
> for this function either. I have had similar problem with other glib
> functions before too, most of the functions from the man page work, but
> some not.
>
> What should I do?

https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]

Re: Undefined reference to g_file_load_bytes()

pspgen

----- Цитат от Emmanuele Bassi ([hidden email]), на 01.06.2018
в 11:20 -----  Hi;

g_file_load_bytes() is available since GLib 2.56:

 https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GFile.html#g-file-load-bytes

so you'll need to make sure that the version of GLib provided by MSYS2 is
new enough if you want to use that method.

Currently the newest windows port of glib is GLib 2.48, which is the
version of GLib I currently have..

Re: Undefined reference to g_file_load_bytes()

Greg King
On 2018-06-01 1:10 PM, pspgen wrote:

> ----- Цитат от Emmanuele Bassi, на 01.06.2018
>> в 11:20 -----  Hi;
>>
>> g_file_load_bytes() is available since GLib 2.56:
>>
>>   https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GFile.html#g-file-load-bytes
>>
>> So, you'll need to make sure that the version of GLib provided by MSYS2 is
>> new enough if you want to use that method.
>
> Currently, the newest Windows port of glib is GLib 2.48, which is the
> version of GLib I currently have.

On my MSYS2 system, "pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0" says,
2.56.1

You should upgrade your entire system:

$ pacboy update

Re: Undefined reference to g_file_load_bytes()

pspgen

I updated with pacboy update now.
Everything is up to date.
But still pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0 returns 2.52.3

and if I try to reinstall gtk with pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-gtk3, it says
it is up to date.

Re: Undefined reference to g_file_load_bytes()

pspgen

Al right, despite that it still shows the same version it seems to actually
be for real updated.
Thanks a lot!
Also my Glade and perhaps the entire gtk changed, one thing I noticed is
that dialog windows use the native windows graphical environment, which I
don't really like, nor expected.