Style textview's font-family, but not its popup

Style textview's font-family, but not its popup

c.lobrano
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I'm trying to add support in a theme for the "monospace" class in a
GtkSourceView using basically the following code:

    textview.view.monospace {
        font-family: monospace;
    }

While this is fine for the textview itself, when I right-click on it,
the popup has now the same monospace font, which I'd like to avoid.
I'm not an expert in CSS with Gtk, but I expected this solution to
work:

    textview.view.monospace:not(.popup) {
        font-family: monospace;
    }

but this is either very wrong, or for some reason is not working.
Anyone that could give me an hint to fix this?

Thanks in advance