Sockets

Andrew Krause
Let's say that I wanted to include an instance of GEdit in my
program to take advantage of all of the languages implemented in
the syntax highlighting. Or maybe including an instance of Gnome
Terminal in the application.

I was told that this can be done through gsockets? I was just wondering if someone could give me some direction with this. Is there an easy way to implement it? Is there a good place to find information or possibly examples of it? Thanks in advance for the help!

---
Andrew Krause

Re: Sockets

John Spray
On Mon, 2005-05-30 at 14:10 -0700, Krause wrote:
> Let's say that I wanted to include an instance of GEdit in my
> program to take advantage of all of the languages implemented in
> the syntax highlighting. Or maybe including an instance of Gnome
> Terminal in the application.

gtksourceview and libvte respectively are the components designed for
reuse like this.

But I don't know anything about sockets.

John

Re: Sockets

Emre Turkay-2
Hi Andrew,

   Hmm, do you mean accessing them as bonobo components ?

emre