Setting pango attributes

Igor Korot
 Hi, ALL,.
There is a GtkFontChooserDialog class which enable a user to do a font
selection.

However, this dialog does not allow to select some pango attributes - notably
strikethrough and underline.

Is there a way to have some kind of a GUI controls to select them?
If not - why they are not present in the dialog itself?

Thank you.

Re: Setting pango attributes

Emmanuele Bassi
On 1 September 2017 at 21:20, Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  Hi, ALL,.
> There is a GtkFontChooserDialog class which enable a user to do a font
> selection.
>
> However, this dialog does not allow to select some pango attributes - notably
> strikethrough and underline.
>
> Is there a way to have some kind of a GUI controls to select them?
> If not - why they are not present in the dialog itself?

Because that's not what a font selection dialog does?

The bold and italic font faces you see are different font weights
inside a family, not Pango attributes being set.

https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]

Re: Setting pango attributes

Igor Korot
Emmanuelle,

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1 September 2017 at 21:20, Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  Hi, ALL,.
>> There is a GtkFontChooserDialog class which enable a user to do a font
>> selection.
>>
>> However, this dialog does not allow to select some pango attributes - notably
>> strikethrough and underline.
>>
>> Is there a way to have some kind of a GUI controls to select them?
>> If not - why they are not present in the dialog itself?
>
> Because that's not what a font selection dialog does?

So I should just add 2 checkboxes to my panel to make them selectable?

> The bold and italic font faces you see are different font weights
> inside a family, not Pango attributes being set.

I was actually asking about underline/strikethrough not bold/italic.

Thank you.

> Ciao,
>  Emmanuele.
>
> --
> https://www.bassi.io
> [@] ebassi [@gmail.com]

Re: Setting pango attributes

Paul Davis

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
Emmanuelle,

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 1 September 2017 at 21:20, Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>  Hi, ALL,.
>> There is a GtkFontChooserDialog class which enable a user to do a font
>> selection.
>>
>> However, this dialog does not allow to select some pango attributes - notably
>> strikethrough and underline.
>>
>> Is there a way to have some kind of a GUI controls to select them?
>> If not - why they are not present in the dialog itself?
>
> Because that's not what a font selection dialog does?

So I should just add 2 checkboxes to my panel to make them selectable?

As Emmanuelle noted, ​they are not related to font selection. ​ You have to decide if you consider all this stuff related or not.

> The bold and italic font faces you see are different font weights
> inside a family, not Pango attributes being set.

I was actually asking about underline/strikethrough not bold/italic.

​so was Emmanuelle. Again: strikethrough & underline are Pango rendering attributes, not part of font (unlike bold/italic, which are part of a font)