Segmentation fault in simple-netaid

aitor_czr
Hi all,

I'm rewritting the code of one of my projects in gtkmm:

http://gnuinos.org/simple-netaid-gtk.mpg

I just added a StatusIcon to this. The code is hosted in Gitlab:

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/simple-netaid-gtk/tree/master/

The application uses two separate threads:  one for the frontend and the other one for the backend (the worker). and i use Glib::Dispatcher for sending notifications from the worker thread to the GUI thread. Read here:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/sec-using-glib-dispatcher.html.en

Well..., in the following video, the status icon still persists after closing the application, because the hide() action of the right click popup menu still was not implemented. I added this method, but now i get a Segmentation fault closing the app.

Any hints?

Note: i'm in devuan ascii (the analogous to debian testing). You will need the backend of simple-netaid, if you want to run the application:

http://packages.gnuinos.org/pool/main/s/simple-netaid/

Thanks in advance,

  Aitor.

Re: Segmentation fault in simple-netaid

aitor_czr

Hi again,

On 04/02/2017 11:33 AM, aitor_czr wrote:
Hi all,

I'm rewritting the code of one of my projects in gtkmm:

http://gnuinos.org/simple-netaid-gtk.mpg

I just added a StatusIcon to this. The code is hosted in Gitlab:

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/simple-netaid-gtk/tree/master/

The application uses two separate threads:  one for the frontend and the other one for the backend (the worker). and i use Glib::Dispatcher for sending notifications from the worker thread to the GUI thread. Read here:

https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/sec-using-glib-dispatcher.html.en

Well..., in the following video, the status icon still persists after closing the application, because the hide() action of the right click popup menu still was not implemented. I added this method, but now i get a Segmentation fault closing the app.

I forgot to attach the link to the video:

http://gnuinos.org/statusicon.mpg

Any hints?

Note: i'm in devuan ascii (the analogous to debian testing). You will need the backend of simple-netaid, if you want to run the application:

http://packages.gnuinos.org/pool/main/s/simple-netaid/

Thanks in advance,

  Aitor.

Cheers,

   Aitor.

Re: Segmentation fault in simple-netaid

Daniel Boles
On 2 April 2017 at 10:33, aitor_czr <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well..., in the following video,

I think you forgot to post the link to this video.

the status icon still persists after closing the application, because the hide() action of the right click popup menu still was not implemented. I added this method, but now i get a Segmentation fault closing the app.

Any hints?

Yes: get a backtrace from that segfault, and analyse it. If you still don't understand it, then post the full backtrace here. Just saying 'I did this then got a segfault' with no clarifying info doesn't give other readers anything to speculate about; segfaults can happen for millions of possible reasons.

Re: Segmentation fault in simple-netaid

aitor_czr

Hi once again,

On 04/02/2017 11:38 AM, aitor_czr wrote:

[...]

I solved the Segmentation fault adding:

pclose( fp1 );
free( textChar );

to window_main_worker.cpp

At the time being, you will not be able to access to the code because the certificate in git.devuan.org has expired recently.

Thanks,

  Aitor.