Scaling, not zooming

Carsten Mattner
When using 3.22.12 with GDK_BACKEND=wayland under Weston or Sway
compositors, for some reason windows/widgets are zoomed out when the
default size is bigger than the display at hand or even a random GTK3
file dialog somehow doesn't manage to snuggle into the physical
display size. This results in blurred out GTK windows that are hard to
use.

I have been unsuccessfully looking for the right gsettings key that
disables zooming and ideally re-enables widget scaling.

What's the key?

Re: Scaling, not zooming

infirit
there is a nice arch wiki page on hidpi which deals with scaling under many DEs including gnome. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI

~infirit

Re: Scaling, not zooming

Carsten Mattner
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Infirit <[hidden email]> wrote:
> there is a nice arch wiki page on hidpi which deals with scaling
> under many DEs including gnome. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI

Infirit, thank you for the reference, though the zooming bug is
on the other end of the spectrum. I tried GDK_SCALE nonetheless
to no effect. The wiki page deals with HiDPI and the problem
I'm referring to is the opposite, when the screen is smaller
than GTK3 would like it to be so GTK3 resorts to a blurred
out zoom-out of the interface. Surely there must be a way to
disable zooming in favor of scaling (not dpi, not zoom), just
plain resizable interface scaling as available since the days
of GTK1.