Re: beast source code LGPL change

Tim Janik
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 01:48:48AM +0100, Tim Janik wrote:

>> as discussed previously, i'd like to move all of the beast source code
>> (all computer interpretable code like .c, .cc, .scm files, scripts,
>> images, music, etc. in the beast CVS repository) to the LGPL (version 2
>> or later).

> and, there is nothing wrong from my side point-of-view with LGPLing
>
> plugins/artscompressor.cc
> plugins/artscompressor.idl
>
> but for these files you'll need to ask Matthias Kretz, too.

hi matthias.

as stefan outlined, beast/plugins/artscompressor.cc and
beast/plugins/artscompressor.idl are based partially on compressor code by
you. afaik, released under the GPL and submitted to the aRts project.
are you ok with LGPL-ing those code portions as outlined in the text above?

to check the remainings of your contributions, i've attached the most recent
versions of both files from the beast CVS.

---
ciaoTJ

artscompressor.cc (9K) Download Attachment
artscompressor.idl (5K) Download Attachment

Re: beast source code LGPL change

Bugzilla from kretz@kde.org
On Wednesday 01 March 2006 00:15, Tim Janik wrote:
> are you ok with LGPL-ing those code portions as outlined in the text above?

Yes, you have my permission to relicense under LGPL version 2 or later.

--
C'ya
        Matthias