Re: [CinePaint-dev] GTK+OSX progress

Robin Rowe-3
Kai-Uwe,

>> What's left to do on GTK+OSX?
>
> Sliders, colour picker or areas, and some more I had fixed and submitted
> all into a patch to the gtk-osx patch page. You surely use this already.
> Left is now to support tablets.

I applied your patch to CVS yesterday. Until this week, I hadn't done
anything with GTK+OSX in over a year. I did not understand from your
post in November that a GTK+OSX release needed to be rolled.

In November you said, "While functionality is not as complete as a X11
build, it will help users, which are not familiar with X11 on mac os X."
That sounds discouraging and like more than tablets is missing. What
functionality is lacking?

>> What does it mean that you made CinePaint relocatable?
>
> For instance all brushes, gradients, i18n and .cinepaint file lookup where
> previously not possible to have in a osX application bundle. A osX
> application bundle has to work on every location regardsless what is
> compiled into the binary.

What approach did you use to do that?

Robin
-
Robin Rowe
CinePaint Project Leader
Beverly Hills, California
www.CinePaint.org

Re: [CinePaint-dev] GTK+OSX progress

Bugzilla from ku.b@gmx.de
Robin,

gtk-osx:
has some issues with the event loop. I think I could improve there
something but did not dig too deep into this. The plug-ins run but the
wire data exchange is not silk.

Icons are not drawn all, see the Layer&Channels dialog.
Updating does not work properly for tabs, Layer&Channels dialog as well.
The draw order is not correct. Hidden elements are drawn to foreground.
The events are not instantly available after a window switch, for instance
from the colour selector to draw in a window.

The slider is still not calculated correctly.

The image is displayed before the colour is matched to the display.

These are only some obvious events. More are to be expected.

gtk2-osx:
In the long run Gtk2 promises at least some community support, even if it
is not that much mature. I missed there font location for creating
bundles and tablet support. Currently I can not test further. But a simple
drawing test should provide a overview. The drawing area update is
probably due to a incorrect object initialisation in CinePaint.

Relocation:
A known plug-in is searched and the paths are set to match this file.
Starting with app/main.c:183 GetDirAbsoluteExec() the path of the
executeable is searched from the first main C array (argv) argument.

Then the blur plug-in is searched to verify the plug-in path. On success
SetDirPrefix() stores the path and this is queryable from the programm
through GetDirData() and GetDirPrefix(). They are both defined in
lib/wire/datadir.c/h .

They help for searching the mascot image, rc files, feed the tips dialog
and the mentioned brushes and gettext files.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management