in the past few months we've taken various steps to migrate GTK to the GNOME GitLab instance in advance of the rest of the projects hosted on git.gnome.org, as migrations of old projects usually unearth various issues; we approached this piecemeal, breaking down the move into various steps:
- closed all NEEDINFO bugs with no interaction over the last 5 years
- asked for feedback on NEEDINFO bugs with no interaction over the past 1 year
We're finally ready to take the last step: migrating all the open bugs over to GitLab.
The migration will take place on Wednesday, 2nd of May, and it'll take about 4 to 5 hours. During that time you should avoid leaving comments on existing bugs. The migration consists of opening a new issue on GitLab and copying all comments and attachments over from Bugzilla, so that nothing is lost.
After the migration is successful:
- the GTK+ product on Bugzilla will be closed for new bugs
- all closed bugs will stay on Bugzilla
- all migrated bugs on Bugzilla will be closed and a comment left pointing to the GitLab issue
I'll make sure to notify the lists when the migration is complete.
We haven't migrated the GLib issues from Bugzilla, yet, but that will also happen in the near future; again, I'll make sure to notify the list when that happens.
If you have any question, feel free to contact me on the list, on gtk-devel-list, or privately.