Problems with gio_drive and gio_volume

rastersoft
Hi all:

I've been using GIO's Drive and Volume to detect the available external
disks in an app (cronopete) and it worked fine for me; but some people
referred troubles: some of them says their USB disks aren't detected.
Also, I found that you can't retrieve information about the SATA hard
disks, no matter if they are connected through eSATA.

Is there a way of detecting ALL hard disks in the system and ALL their
volumes inside with Drive.get_volumes(), no matter if they are external,
internal, removable or fixed? Or I must rely on udisks2 for that?

Thanks.

Re: Problems with gio_drive and gio_volume

Philip Withnall-2
On Sun, 2018-05-06 at 12:22 +0200, rastersoft wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I've been using GIO's Drive and Volume to detect the available
> external
> disks in an app (cronopete) and it worked fine for me; but some
> people
> referred troubles: some of them says their USB disks aren't
> detected.
> Also, I found that you can't retrieve information about the SATA
> hard
> disks, no matter if they are connected through eSATA.
>
> Is there a way of detecting ALL hard disks in the system and ALL
> their
> volumes inside with Drive.get_volumes(), no matter if they are
> external,
> internal, removable or fixed? Or I must rely on udisks2 for that?
File a bug:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=glib

and include a pointer to the specific GDrive/GVolume calls you’re
making, and as much information as you can from the people whose drives
aren’t showing up, including the output of `gio mount -li`.

Thanks,
Philip