Problem with grids and items spanning more than one column

Problem with grids and items spanning more than one column

Gtk+ - Apps Dev mailing list
I am using an embedded Gtk grid within a grid , which contains numerous
widgets
However if I have a widget that spans more than one column it messes up the
layout of all other widgets , which seem to position themseleves randomly
along the width of this widget, causing horribly jagged widget placement

Has anyone had this and come up with a solution

Row 1 Liststore spanning multiple columns
Row 2 liststore spanning 1 column and 2 rows , textview , then two buttons
the textview should line up on the right with the liststore in row 1

Re: Problem with grids and items spanning more than one column

Reuben Rissler
On 04/02/2019 05:09 AM, Mike Martin via gtk-app-devel-list wrote:
> I am using an embedded Gtk grid within a grid , which contains numerous
> widgets
> However if I have a widget that spans more than one column it messes up the
> layout of all other widgets , which seem to position themseleves randomly
> along the width of this widget, causing horribly jagged widget placement
>
> Has anyone had this and come up with a solution
Could you post an example? Post the example inline, because attachments
are scrubbed.

> Row 1 Liststore spanning multiple columns
> Row 2 liststore spanning 1 column and 2 rows , textview , then two buttons
> the textview should line up on the right with the liststore in row 1

Re: Problem with grids and items spanning more than one column

Mike Martin
I resolved it by applying
set_halign('start') to only the textview in the layout

Looks like some interaction between the textview and the multicolumn
liststore