Problem accessing gtk-2-24

John Emmas-2
Hi guys - has the gtk repo moved recently (or has the gtk-2-24 branch
been deleted somehow?)

I still need gtk-2-24 for a project but all of a sudden if I try to
'pull' (using TortoiseGit, on Windows) I see this error:-

       Connecting to git.gnome.org (port 9418) ... 209.132.180.184 done.

       and the repository exists.

Is it no longer hosted at git.gnome.org maybe?

John
LRN

Re: Problem accessing gtk-2-24

LRN
On 23.03.2018 11:08, John Emmas wrote:

> Hi guys - has the gtk repo moved recently (or has the gtk-2-24 branch
> been deleted somehow?)
>
> I still need gtk-2-24 for a project but all of a sudden if I try to
> 'pull' (using TortoiseGit, on Windows) I see this error:-
>
>        Connecting to git.gnome.org (port 9418) ... 209.132.180.184 done.
>        fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>
>        Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>        and the repository exists.
>
> Is it no longer hosted at git.gnome.org maybe?
Correct, it's on gnome gitlab instance[0] now.

[0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk

On 23/03/2018 08:53, LRN wrote:

> On 23.03.2018 11:08, John Emmas wrote:
>> has the gtk repo moved recently (or has the gtk-2-24 branch
>> been deleted somehow?)
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Is it no longer hosted at git.gnome.org maybe?
> Correct, it's on gnome gitlab instance[0] now.
>

> [0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk

Thanks LRN - are any other repos affected (glib etc?)  If this got
announced somewhere, I must have missed it  :-(

John

Re: Problem accessing gtk-2-24

Emmanuele Bassi

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 at 09:07, John Emmas <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23/03/2018 08:53, LRN wrote:
> On 23.03.2018 11:08, John Emmas wrote:
>> has the gtk repo moved recently (or has the gtk-2-24 branch
>> been deleted somehow?)
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Is it no longer hosted at git.gnome.org maybe?
> Correct, it's on gnome gitlab instance[0] now.
>

> [0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk

Thanks LRN - are any other repos affected (glib etc?)  If this got
announced somewhere, I must have missed it  :-(

It’s part of a mass migration of GNOME to GitLab, so it’s been announced on various GNOME-related venues as well as Bugzilla, since we’re migrating all open bugs as well - but, indeed, we did not announce it here. Sorry for the miscommunication.

In practice, though, we set up a redirection so the old URL should still work for read only access (the push URL is different); it seems TortoiseGit is not working correctly with a redirect in place.

Currently, both GLib and GTK have been moved, but by August the mass migration will be complete, and all modules on git.gnome.org will be available on gitlab.gnome.org. I’ll make sure to send an announcement when that happens.