Preferred height/width error message

Mike Martin-12
I am trying to eliminate this warning ie:

(membership_gui.pl:4729): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkWindow
0x44d4260 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does
the code know the size to allocate?

(membership_gui.pl:4729): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkWindow
0x44d4260 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does
the code know the size to allocate?

(membership_gui.pl:4729): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkWindow
0x44d4260 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does
the code know the size to allocate?

This happens in the following scenario

Notebook containing gtkgrid, which contains gtkScrolledWindow containg
GtkScrolledWindow

If I run a different sub-routine, which doesn't have a treeview/scrolled
window first the message does not appear
Gtk version 3.22

Any ideas

Re: Preferred height/width error message

Stefan Salewski-2
On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 17:46 +0100, Mike Martin wrote:
> Gtk version 3.22

I see a similar message for evince pdf viewer whenever I use it since
some months. But I have no idea for the reason unfortunately

(evince:5623): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to EvSidebar 0x12dd6c0
without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the
code know the size to allocate?

Re: Preferred height/width error message

Mike Martin-12
Anyone?

On 23 July 2017 at 18:30, Stefan Salewski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2017-07-23 at 17:46 +0100, Mike Martin wrote:
> > Gtk version 3.22
>
> I see a similar message for evince pdf viewer whenever I use it since
> some months. But I have no idea for the reason unfortunately
>
> (evince:5623): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to EvSidebar 0x12dd6c0
> without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the
> code know the size to allocate?

Re: Preferred height/width error message

Osmo Salomaa
I have this exact same problem in Gaupol, where I have a notebook, which
contains scrolled windows and inside tree views. I have looked for the
cause, but haven't found it. The vague warning doesn't tell which widget
is the problem and I haven't found any solution via calling the implied
gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height().

The only thing I have learned is that the amount of those error messages
depends on the amount of rows in the tree view. If I have one row, I get
one error message, if a thousand rows, maybe twenty error messages.
Other than that it's mystery. I don't see any actual problems, but I too
would like to get rid of all that junk in the console.

--
Osmo Salomaa <[hidden email]>