Pango indent marks

Detlef Reichl
Hi,

I already send the following to gtk+ list, but it seems that no one
there was able to help. So I hope that I have more luck here :-)

Is Pango able to render indent marks like dots for spaces and arrows for
tabs? I found nothing like this in the docs. If not, what is the best
way to do it my self? Is the only way, to render it with cairo on my own?

Cheers, detlef

Re: Pango indent marks

Behdad Esfahbod-3
On 15-02-13 10:13 AM, Detlef Reichl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already send the following to gtk+ list, but it seems that no one
> there was able to help. So I hope that I have more luck here :-)
>

> Is Pango able to render indent marks like dots for spaces and arrows for
> tabs? I found nothing like this in the docs. If not, what is the best
> way to do it my self? Is the only way, to render it with cairo on my own?

I believe so.  There are examples in the gedit plugins that do that.

> Cheers, detlef

behdad
http://behdad.org/

Re: Pango indent marks

Detlef Reichl
Am 03.03.2015 um 20:57 schrieb Behdad Esfahbod:

> On 15-02-13 10:13 AM, Detlef Reichl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I already send the following to gtk+ list, but it seems that no one
>> there was able to help. So I hope that I have more luck here :-)
>>

>> Is Pango able to render indent marks like dots for spaces and arrows for
>> tabs? I found nothing like this in the docs. If not, what is the best
>> way to do it my self? Is the only way, to render it with cairo on my own?
>
> I believe so.  There are examples in the gedit plugins that do that.

Thank you for the hint to the gedit plugins.

For the record: gedit does not use pango for the indentation marks, but
leaves it to gtksourceview to render them and gtksourceview render it as
graphics with cairo.