Pango: how to get text/character outlines

Pango: how to get text/character outlines

Anand Patel
Hello,

I am doing project using Cairo+Pango library, and want to draw text as a shape/ploygon using outline information.
I do get result using cairo's "cairo_text_path" API, but it's not recommended for advance text support. So, I would like to get same functionality using Pango API. Could anyone guide me on this?

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Pango: how to get text/character outlines

Owen Taylor
See https://developer.gnome.org/pango/stable/pango-Cairo-Rendering.html#pango-cairo-layout-path
and related functions.

Owen