Pango: Control font embedding into postscript file

Pango: Control font embedding into postscript file

Anand Patel
Hello,

I am working with cairo+pango library to write text into postscript file.
In generated postscript file, I see that complete True Type font (e.g. DejaVuSerif) has been embedded(using /sfnts postscript command)  into file as a binary. I guess, this makes file size larger.

My question is, is there a way to disable complete embedding of font into postscript file? There should be a way to point to font if available on system while rendering.

Thanks,
Anand

Re: Pango: Control font embedding into postscript file

Behdad Esfahbod-3
Hi,

Currently cairo always encodes the used font in the PS/PDF output.  Note that it subsets the font to just include the parts used.  There is no way to disable this font inclusion currently, and I don't think there will ever be.

behdad