Pango Char Size

bertus.dries
I am trying to put a screen image also to the printer.

For the cairo parts within the image it was easy. I just measured the image
on the screen then send the image to a PDF Printer and measured it on screen
in the 100% PDF image. That resulted in the factor I needed. But using the
same factor with the Pango parts did nothing to the Font Size.

I used a Size 48 for the screen That gave me a good character size
The Cairo  factor  I calculated was 8 So I expected to need 384 for
my character size. With Set_Size The Character completely disappeared
With Set_Absolute Size The size on the screen stayed the same And on the
printer it stayed also the same be about a factor 8 to small.

What routine should I use to to Set the corret size for my fonts on both the
printer and the screen

L. Dries

Re: Pango Char Size

Emmanuel Briot
> I used a Size 48 for the screen That gave me a good character size
> The Cairo  factor  I calculated was 8 So I expected to need 384 for
> my character size. With Set_Size The Character completely disappeared
> With Set_Absolute Size The size on the screen stayed the same And on the
> printer it stayed also the same be about a factor 8 to small.
>
> What routine should I use to to Set the corret size for my fonts on both the
> printer and the screen

Perhaps you need to use Pango.Enums.Pango_Scale to multiply the size ?

regards
Emmanuel