New version of paps with cairo backend

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New version of paps with cairo backend

Dov Grobgeld-2
After more than a decade I have finally converted my text to postscript converter paps, to use cairo for its postscript rendering. In addition I have added a pdf and svg output option.

Please check out the new version and let me know of any problems. The new version is available at:

Regards,
Dov

_______________________________________________
gtk-i18n-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-i18n-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New version of paps with cairo backend

Behdad Esfahbod-5
Thanks Dov!

How is this different from pango-view?  Does it support pagination?

Cheers,

b

On 15-08-18 06:55 AM, Dov Grobgeld wrote:

> After more than a decade I have finally converted my text to postscript
> converter paps, to use cairo for its postscript rendering. In addition I have
> added a pdf and svg output option.
>
> Please check out the new version and let me know of any problems. The new
> version is available at:
>
> http://github.com/dov/paps
>
> Regards,
> Dov
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gtk-i18n-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-i18n-list
>
_______________________________________________
gtk-i18n-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-i18n-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New version of paps with cairo backend

Dov Grobgeld-2
Yes, paps does pagination. It also has configurable number of columns, landscape and portrait mode, and support for pango markup. The basic idea is a a2ps like program that supports utf8:

   paps foo.utf | lpr

It is actually in use for several years as a cups text to postscript filter in a number of distributions. See e.g. https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=469325 .

Regards,
Dov




On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Dov!

How is this different from pango-view?  Does it support pagination?

Cheers,

b

On 15-08-18 06:55 AM, Dov Grobgeld wrote:
> After more than a decade I have finally converted my text to postscript
> converter paps, to use cairo for its postscript rendering. In addition I have
> added a pdf and svg output option.
>
> Please check out the new version and let me know of any problems. The new
> version is available at:
>
> http://github.com/dov/paps
>
> Regards,
> Dov
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> gtk-i18n-list mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-i18n-list
>


_______________________________________________
gtk-i18n-list mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtk-i18n-list