Multi-touch Gestures

Prashant Kumar-2
Hi everyone,

I am a GSoC student participating this year from wxWidgets. The aim of my project is to implement an API for 3 multi-touch gestures (pan, zoom and rotate) for 3 major platforms (windows, linux and macOS). Understanding the features provided by windows and macOS wasn't hard at all (even though I was not familiar with Win32 and Cocoa). On gtk+, I find it difficult to understand the gesture API
So, my question is where do I need to look to implement an API for the above mentioned gestures in gtk+ ?
I looked at the "gestures and event handling guide" by gtk but that didn't help me much. Also, there are few questions that I want to ask someone who is familiar with gestures in gtk+ and willing to help me.

1> There is something called the expected pan gesture direction that we have to set before receiving the pan gesture. Now, what if we want to receive it for all 4 directions ?
3> Is it possible to know the position of pan gesture i.e. position of the finger in action ?
2> Is it possible to get the center of the zoom gesture ?
3> After we receive some gesture , Is it possible to know if it a starting of the gesture ?

I would really feel relieved if anyone provides me any help. Thank you in advance.
- prashant

Re: Multi-touch Gestures

Hashem Nasarat
Not an expert but thought I might be able to provide a comment or two.

1> I think pan is more for handling swiping (e.g. changing pages in evince). Maybe you're more interested in https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkGestureDrag.html ?
3> Can't you check in a function attached to the "sequence-state-changed" signal if GtkEventSequenceState is GTK_EVENT_SEQUENCE_NONE? Because "

By default, all sequences start out in the GTK_EVENT_SEQUENCE_NONE state, sequences in this state trigger the gesture event handler, but event propagation will continue unstopped by gestures."

(not sure if this is actually the case.)