Menu items visible in Unity, but not Gnome

Menu items visible in Unity, but not Gnome

Gtk+ - Perl mailing list
gscan2pdf users are reporting[1] that they cannot see menu items in
Gnome, but if they switch to, say Unity, then things work properly.

I assume that if this were a general problem with gtk+-3, then there
would be lots of bug reports, but my internet search drew a blank.

I'm wondering if it is a theme problem - gscan2pdf doesn't ship any css
and relies on defaults, as this has always worked for me (xfce and kde).

Does anyone have any insight what might be going on?

Regards

Jeff

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/gscan2pdf/mailman/message/36394393/

Re: Menu items visible in Unity, but not Gnome

Brian Manning-2
On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 3:13 AM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe via gtk-perl-list
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm wondering if it is a theme problem - gscan2pdf doesn't ship any css
> and relies on defaults, as this has always worked for me (xfce and kde).
>
> Does anyone have any insight what might be going on?
>
> [1] https://sourceforge.net/p/gscan2pdf/mailman/message/36394393/

I don't have a definite solution for this, but you may be right about
theming (or lack thereof).  I'm curious to know if the person
reporting the issue installed *any* themes with GTK+3, and in general
what would happen if you just installed the base GTK+3 libraries
without installing any themes at all.  It may be a direction you can
take further troubleshooting...

Thanks,

Brian