Making a GtkSeparator more visible

dougf
 How can I make a GtkSeparator more visible.  I guess that means making it
darker and / or thicker

 Thanks
 Doug

Re: Making a GtkSeparator more visible

Felipe Borges
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 11:30 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  How can I make a GtkSeparator more visible.  I guess that means making it
> darker and / or thicker

You could make it thicker by increasing its height_request property to
a proper value.

You could make it darker by setting some css properties for its css
node, such as:

separator {
  background-color: #000;
}

There are other ways to achieve it, these are just suggestions off the
top of my head.

>  Thanks
>  Doug

Re: Making a GtkSeparator more visible

Florian Müllner-2
On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 12:33 PM, Felipe Borges <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You could make it darker by setting some css properties for its css
> node [...]

Of course thanks to the joys of theming, making separators *darker*
may end up making them *less* visible if the user happens to use the
"wrong" theme. Some theme issues can be avoided by using named colors
instead of hardcoded values:

separator {
  background-color: shade(@borders, 0.9);
}

But not whether making elements lighter or darker will make them more
or less similar to the background :-(