MPEG TS PCR and PTS

Adams, Bruce (KMLWG)

Hi,

     I am trying to work out how to get absolute time-stamps from an incoming MPEG transport stream.

The basics seem to be that we get a presentation time-stamp via buffer->get_pts(). This is relative to the program clock reference PCR which is dictated by one of the elementary streams – typically the video. How do I get that base time out of gstreamer?

I note that if I use a tsparse element it can decode TOT and TDT sections for DVB inputs. However, I also notice that one of my inputs is a TSIP input which does not include these sections.

How can I tell if an  absolute time reference is available and when it is what is the epoch? Is it the standard unix epoch 1970-01-01T00:00:00Z?

Regards,

Bruce.

Kantar Disclaimer

RE: MPEG TS PCR and PTS

Adams, Bruce (KMLWG)

Oops wrong mailing list. Sorry for the noise.