Integrate IP Camera stream in GTK app

Rúben Rodrigues
Hi guys,

Someone knows how to integrate IP Camera stream in GTK+ app? I tested
with libvlc an gstreamer in my raspberrry pi, but don't works.. Any
other library to make this?

Thanks

Rúben

---

Re: Integrate IP Camera stream in GTK app

Gtk+ - Apps Dev mailing list

Hi Ruben,

I am sure you can do that with GTK and GStreamer. That way the code would be portable across platforms.

I don't have any examples of using GStreamer to get video from an ip camera. I have some test code that will show the video from the local webcam.

https://github.com/cecashon/OrderedSetVelociRaptor/blob/master/Misc/Sound/webcam3.c

There are a couple of other programs in the Sound folder that uses GStreamer with GTK if that is of any help. Also, I have an updated GStreamer basic-tutorial5 that will play local video or video from over the web if that would be of any help to you.

Eric

Re: Integrate IP Camera stream in GTK app

Rúben Rodrigues
Hi Eric,

I know that we can do with gstreamer, but i'm using an raspberry pi and what i tested dont't works because raspberry pi just shows an image of camera and don't play the stream. I get an error of "computer to slow", but just stay slow after run gstreamer.

I used vlc too, and in my computer works fine, but not in raspberry pi..

Thanks

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>      Sem vírus. www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>